Who are the Santas of Sterling?
The Santas of Sterling (SOS), which was established in 2007, is a group of volunteers that love to organize activities for children. Their main project is the Miracle Letter Program, which helps families going through a hard time.
They also arrange many fun, helpful, and educational activities for children:
- Bicycle Safety – SOS holds clinics to do minor repairs, fix flat tires, and help young riders with street signs. They also give away a few bikes
- Kid’s Workshops at Home Depot – Assist kids of all ages in building a do-it-yourself project
- Christmas Tree Giveaway – In November and December, the Santas are busy giving away trees and decorations.
- Providing Fire Truck Fun at the Logan County Fair and Parade as well as during the holidays
- Cocoa with Santa at the Downtown Gazebo during the Sterling Parade of Lights
- Sugar Beet Days booth for pictures with Santa
- Claus for the Cause – Raising money for cancer awareness by cutting off their white locks and beards for children fighting cancer
- Pumpkin carving at Halloween
- And many more events!
Anyone Can Help, No Matter Your Age
The Santas of Sterling received help from five year old Annabelle Hulbert. She wanted to have a lemonade stand that would benefit the Santas and the Miracle Letter Program so she could give back to boys and girls who might not have as good of a Christmas.